3 Minute - "Executive Stadium Pitch"
Business Management Software
“Why would you do business any other way?”
I have personally committed to the development of CleverQ business management software because other Business Intelligence software companies “Didn’t Get-It” from the other side of the table as a business owner or business analyst, or they did not provide all of the tools necessary to analyze a business properly. Furthermore, most accountants do not provide cost management services, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), nor have the tools outside of labor intensive Excel spreadsheets.
Currently, Dashboard software is one of the fastest growing segments of the software industry. I have personally spent the last 3 years developing CleverQ in addition to equivalent time in costly engineering. As a result, the CleverQ end product is second to none and has more useful and advanced features and tools than any other software I have seen.
The CleverQ primary target market is Businesses.
“In May 2002 Intuit launched QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions for medium-sized businesses. A September 5, 2005 Business Week article said that QuickBooks had 74% of the market. A June 19, 2008 Intuit Press Release said that as of March 2008, QuickBooks' share of retail units in the business accounting category reached 94.2 percent, according to NPD Group. It also says that more than 50,000 accountants, CPAs and independent business consultants are members of the QuickBooks ProAdvisor program. By then Brad Smith was the new CEO, though Steve Bennett (who remains a Director) had nearly tripled Intuit revenue and quadrupled earnings in eight years.” The good news is that CleverQ is designed for QuickBooks, where the Large Solutions are typically designed only for other data bases.As stated in the National Best Seller book “The Ultimate Sales Machine" by Chet Holmes:
- 96% of all businesses fail within 10 years
- 80% fail within first 2 years
- 85% of information taken into the brain enters through the eyes
I have often said that “It takes three things to succeed.”
- “First, you must have the tools.”
- “Second, you must have the training.” - This can be through self-training or hiring outside sources.
- “And Third, You must have the desire.” - Desire can be created through education & knowledge, but many times this is a cause of failure.
According to Entrepreneur Magazine, the top reasons for failure include:
- Bad customer relations
- Bad budgeting
- Lack of staff training
- Failure to anticipate market trends
- Poor and inconsistent marketing
Many small business owners are many times are under-staffed, do not have the resources, or lack formal training in the area of business analytics. Some realize the benefit of monitoring Key Performance Indicators and Cost Management systems to grow their business. For others, the idea of KPI is “How much do I have in my checking account”. Small business companies have a need for education to create the desire for business analytics. Most small businesses will not be around in 2-10 years, but CleverQ analytics software may increase their odds of staying around dramatically.
This further refines the target market of the customers who “buy now” to companies with over 20-30 employees, or Savvy smaller companies.
CleverQ competitors mostly fall into two categories:
- Large solutions that require $50,000 - $100,000 to implement and are highly IT intensive. The solutions typically take between 6 months and 1 year to implement. CleverQ can provide the solution of the large companies for a fraction of the price in only days or weeks instead of months.
- Small solutions provide little flexibility and are cookie cutter to basic financial analysis. Most do not address Cost Management or many of the other features that CleverQ provides. The Small Solution market is diluted and confuses the potential customer with what true Business Intelligence, Cost Management, & the use of KPI really can provide or what it should be.
The over-all learning curve & implementation for a great BI solution can be less painful. The business needs to learn about Cost Management, the implementation of KPI, how/what KPI to monitor, the mathematical equations, and then finally how to use CleverQ to solve the problems. This is why the larger companies are typically the target – they already get the first half of the learning curve, or they would not have grown to the size they are. CleverQ architecture shortens the Implementation and Learning curve.
Most companies who understand the value of Cost Management and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) already have staff on hand manually calculating spreadsheets on a regular basis. Most executives understand this is a waste of human resources. CleverQ can automate this process so everyone can get back to work taking care of people.
But this creates another problem, what do we do with CFO or person who spends all of their time crunching numbers on spreadsheets? Many times, these are the people who resist the implementation of automating the process because this is their job. My only advice is, to have them help with the implementation, turn their busy work time into business advice. Otherwise, find them something more productive to do.
CleverQ Business Management Software provides a suite of integrated performance tools for strategic planning and strategic management. I would like to thank you in advance for your confidence in CleverQ software.